OnePlus just launched the OnePlus 9RT, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the OnePlus 9 series in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.64-inch FHD+ Fluid AMOLED Samsung E4 display, 120Hz refresh rate, 600Hz touch sampling rate, 10240-level brightness adjustment, HDR10+, and a 20:9 aspect ratio and a 16-megapixel in-screen camera with Sony IMX471 sensor.
Hyper Touch 2.0 offers 300 Hz response rate IC hardware for 600 Hz hypersensitive response rate to lower its lowest touch delay of 36ms to an astonishing 29ms, which is more than twice as fast as similar devices, says OnePlus. It features X-axis linear motor supporting over 150 unique haptic feedback types, so firing weapons and setting off explosions in select AAA mobile titles will feel more realistic and immersive, says the company.
The phone is powered by Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 SoC with built-in 5G NSA / SA, and uses five different heat dissipation materials to cool every heat-generating entity inside it with 19067.44 mm² thermal dissipation area to keep temperature low when gaming. The vapor chamber is 59% larger than the one used in OnePlus 9 Pro, promising a 20% more efficient heat dissipation mechanism compared to the OnePlus 9 series. It has up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
The OnePlus 9RT 5G features Tri-eSport Wi-Fi Antenna System capable of engaging in intelligent network switches to maximize reception when during games and calls, as well as improving Wi-Fi connection speeds and network stability. The phone has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and back.
The Hacker Black was engineered using the second-gen matte frosted glass treatment process. The glass produces a glimmer reminiscent of a brightly lit starry night sky, while featuring a texture similar to silk that
is delicate and smooth to touch. The new treatment process also applies an extra layer of refinement and uniformity to the overall form factor, making the surface more resistant to sweat and fingerprints.
The Nano Silver was engineered using the third-gen diffuse reflection processing technology, allowing for a chrome-like metallic gradient imbued with a flowy, mesmerizing reflective diffusion that resembles uninterrupted speed and kinetic energy in motion. Much like Hacker Black,
the brand-new chrome-silver gradient treatment and a color transition applied to the edges dramatically reduces fingerprint build up.
The phone has a 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, OIS, 16MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP macro camera. It packs a 4500mAh (Twin 2250mAh batteries) and Warp Charge 65W charging that can charge the phone fully in just 29 minutes. It also supports up to 33W PPS charging protocol.
OnePlus 9RT specifications
- 6.62-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 397 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, sRGB, Display P3 color gamut, up to 1300 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with OxygenOS 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, 1μm pixel size, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, dual LED flash, 16MP 123° ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX481 sensor, f/2.25 aperture, EIS, 2MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video at 60fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps, 720p at 480fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162.2×74.6×8.29mm; Weight: 198.5g
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA (N1/N3/N5/N8/28A/N40/N41/N78), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A)
The OnePlus 9RT comes in Nano Silver and Hacker Black colours, is priced at Rs. 42,999 for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs Rs. 46,999. It will be available from Amazon.in, OnePlus.in, OnePlus Store App, OnePlus Experience Stores, Reliance Digital, My Jio, Croma, and all partner outlets starting from January 17th.
- 6 months free Spotify premium subscription
- Up to INR 4000 Instant Discount on Axis Bank and Kotak Bank Cards, Credit Card EMI, and Debit Card EMI.
- OnePlus fans who purchase the OnePlus 9RT 5G on the OnePlus Store App within 24 hours of availability stand a chance to win 1 more OnePlus 9RT 5G. Offer valid for 24 hours starting 12:00 AM 16th January 2022.
- Users can also avail an exchange bonus of INR 4000 on legacy OnePlus devices on OnePlus.in and the OnePlus Store App. Offer valid till 22nd January 2022.
- Consumers can also avail the OnePlus Band at INR 999 and the Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition at INR 1499 with the purchase of the OnePlus 9RT 5G on OnePlus.in and the OnePlus Store App. Offer valid till 26th January 2022.
- On the purchase of the OnePlus 9RT 5G, Reliance Jio users are also eligible for recharge and cashback benefits of INR 1199 and INR 150, respectively.
- Users can also avail 50% off on OnePlus’ signature Sandstone Bumper Cases on the purchase of the OnePlus 9RT 5G. Offer valid till 22nd January 2022.
- Eligible Red Cable Club members can get up to Rs. 1000 off using RedCoins on purchase of the OnePlus 9RT 5G on the OnePlus Store App and OnePlus.in. Offer valid till 31st January 2022.
Commenting on the launch, Pete Lau, Chief Product Officer of OPPO and Founder of OnePlus, said:
The OnePlus 9RT 5G is an extension of our performance-oriented R series. Designed solely with speed in mind, the 9RT 5G offers uncompromising features such as the powerful Snapdragon 888 processor, up to 600Hz of Touch Response Rate, and OnePlus’ finest VC cooling system to date, redefining how we look at performance flagships.