OnePlus Nord CE was launched back in June, now the renders and specifications of its successor, the Nord 2 CE 5G has surfaced. This reveals a similar 6.4-inch FHD+ Fluid AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, a 16-megapixel front camera on the left side, but the camera arrangement is similar to the OnePlus 9 series.
It also reveals that the phone could be powered by MediaTek Dimensity 900 SoC compared to Snapdragon 750G SoC in the predecessor. This should be the second OnePlus phone powered by a MediaTek SoC, after the Nord 2 5G that is powered by Dimensity 1200-AI SoC.
It also reveals that the phone will retain the 3.5mm jack and a 4500mAh battery, but it is said to support 65W fast charging, up from 30W in the Nord CE.
OnePlus Nord 2 CE 5G rumoured specifications
- 6.4-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 410 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core (2 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 900 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 12 with OxygenOS 12
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, EIS, 8MP 119° ultra-wide camera, 2MP macro camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Super linear speaker
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A)
The OnePlus Nord 2 CE 5G is expected to come in Green and Grey colours, as seen in the images. It is said to launch in India and Europe sometime in Q1, 2022.