Xiaomi just launched Xiaomi 11i and Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G smartphones in India, as it had promised. These feature a 6.67-inch FHD+ Samsung AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 1.76mm ultra-narrow bezel and a tiny 2.96mm punch-hole that house a 16MP camera. These are one of the first phones to be powered by Dimensity 920 SoC with support for 8 5G bands.
The phones pack up to 8GB of RAM and up to 3GB of virtual RAM, come with support for VC liquid cooling with 12600 mm² heat dissipation, fully covering the heat sources of the main device body. The phones feature a flat-edge design and a frosted AG glass back. These have dual super linear speakers, Dolby Atmos and Hi-Res Audio, retain the 3.5mm headphone jack, and also feature X-axis linear vibration motor.
The phones sport a 108MP rear camera with 1/1.52″ Samsung HM2 sensor with support for 9-in-1 pixel binning technology that offers large 2.1μm pixels. It has dual native ISO that promises clear and textured images with reduced noise, even in low light conditions. There is an 8MP ultra-wide camera with a 120° field-of-view and a 2MP macro camera.
The Xiaomi 11i has a 5160mAh battery with 67W fast charging and the Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge comes with a dual-cell 4500mAh battery with graphene, dual charge pump, Mi-FC technology, MTW technology and support for 120W fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 15 minutes, and comes with charger in the box.
The company says that the Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge retains up to 80% battery capacity even after 800 charge or discharge cycles. It added that it has gone through 34 safety checks, has TUV Rheinland Safe Fast-Charge system certification, double overcharge protection and 9 real-time temperature monitoring system.
Xiaomi 11i and Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge specifications
- 6.67-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 color gamut, 1200nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2 x 2.5GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 920 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear primary camera with f/1.89 aperture, Samsung HM2 sensor, Dual Native ISO, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Super-linear speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res audio
- Water resistant (IP53)
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Xiaomi 11i – 5160mAh (typical) with 67W fast charging
- Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge – 4500mAh (typical) battery with 120W fast charging
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi 11i and Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge come in Purple Mist, Camo Green, Pacific Pearl and Stealth Black colours. The Xiaomi 11i is priced at Rs. 24,999 for the 6GB + 128GB version and the 8GB + 128GB version costs Rs. 26,999.
The Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge is priced at Rs. 26,999 for the 6GB + 128GB version and the 8GB + 128GB version costs Rs. 28,999.
The phones will be available from mi.com, Flipakrt and Mi Home stores from January 12th.
- Rs. 1500 discount as a part of New year offer
- Up to Rs. 2000 discount on Xiaomi 11i and up to Rs. 2500 discount on Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge with SBI cards
- Buy the phone only at 70% of the original price with Flipkart Smart upgrade program
- Rs. 4000 additional discount on exchange of old Redmi phones
At the Xiaomi India head, Manu Kumar Jain teased that Hyperphone is coming soon to India. This could be the Xiaomi 12 series.